Thanks to Wobble-naught, we do have guidelines for determining the best frame size:
The only tools needed to size your bike are 1) level or book, 2) a metric tape, and 3) a calculator!
This is a very simple sizing process!!! It takes very little time.
- Take your inseam length while standing in your socks with your feet about 4 to 6 inches apart, back against a wall.
- Hold your level or book under your crotch (pull up firmly).
- Use the tape from the top of the level or book, and measure to the floor.
- Read the tape in centimeters.
- Multiply the (cm) measurement by .67
- Mountain Bikes, subtract 11 cm and round to the lower number, road bikes round to the nearest even cm.
- This should roughly be the length of the seat tube on a properly sized frame.
This should give you a good reference point on size, so that you can obtain a precision fit.